Especially pizza topped with melted brie! Over the pita bread base, this pizza has tomato sauce, grilled veggies, and cheese—a most appetizing combination of flavors.
Accord: Bring out the grilled vegetable and tomato sauce flavours of this pizza with a light to medium-bodied red or a rosé with good acidity. Their great freshness will balance perfectly with the smoothness of the melted cheese.
60 mL (1/2 cup) olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
125 mL (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
750 mL (3 cups) eggplant, diced
375 mL (1 ½ cup) white mushrooms, sliced
Salt and ground pepper, to taste
10 mL (2 tsp.) fresh oregano, chopped
4 pita breads
125 mL (1/2 cup) homemade or commercial tomato sauce for pizza
300 g (10 ½ oz.) sliced brie
1. Preheat oven to 230 °C (450 °F).
2. In a frying pan, heat the oil over high and sweat the garlic and onion for 1 minute.
3. Add the eggplant and mushrooms, and sauté for 2 minutes. Season.
4. Place the vegetables in a dish and sprinkle with oregano. Set aside.
5. Spread some tomato sauce on each piece of pita bread.
6. Spread the eggplant and mushroom mixture onto the breads.
7. Cover the pizzas with the brie slices.
8. Place the pizzas on a baking sheet and bake 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is thoroughly melted and the edges of the pita breads are crispy.
9. Cut each pizza into 4 to 6 slices and serve.